Today, Representative Jodey Arrington was re-elected to represent Texas’ 19th Congressional District in the US House of Representatives for a third term. First elected in 2016, Arrington has served on House Agriculture, Budget, and Veteran’s Affairs Committees, as well as the Joint Select Committee on Budget and Appropriations Reform. He currently serves on the House Committee on Ways and Means where he is a co-chair of the Rural Health Task Force and member of the Tax and Social Security Subcommittees.
“I am immensely honored and grateful that so many of my fellow West Texans have once again placed their confidence in me to serve and represent them in our nation’s capital,” stated Arrington. “It is a privilege I am passionate about and take very seriously; and on behalf of my family and from the very bottom of our hearts, we thank you.”
“As I return to Washington, I will continue to deliver the following results: strengthen our nation’s military, secure the border, and keep our promises to our veterans; negotiate better and fairer trade deals for our farmers, manufacturers, and American workers; unleash the full potential of American enterprise through lower taxes and less regulation; champion policies that support agriculture, energy and rural America; and fight the radical left and their socialist policies that threaten West Texas, our traditional American values, and way of life.
“Regardless of the final outcome of the Presidential election, my commitment to you remains the same: I will fight for West Texas and our conservative values, to reign in the federal government, and to restore freedom and power back to We the People, where it belongs."
During his first two terms, Arrington led efforts to:
- Strengthen our national security and supporting our veterans by:
- Supporting the largest investment in over a decade to rebuild America’s military might
- Securing the next generation bomber, the B-21, to Dyess Air Force Base
- Delivering on our promises to our veterans through increased accountability at the VA, greater health care choices, and enhanced education and job training opportunities; and
- Leading efforts to secure the border and defend law enforcement
- Fighting for agriculture, energy, and rural America by:
- Restoring cotton to the Farm Bill safety net preventing billions of dollars in future damage to the West Texas economy
- Passing historic tax, regulatory cuts, and trade deals with Mexico, Canada, China, and Japan like USMCA that resulted in unprecedented job growth and the lowest unemployment rate in 50-years
- Authoring legislation to defend U.S. energy independence by defunding and withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accord; and
- Co-chairing Rural Health Task Force and led efforts on strengthening Medicare, lowering drug prices for seniors, preventing surprise medical billing, and advancing innovative solutions to help solve rural Americas toughest healthcare issues
- Defending life, liberty, and our Constitutional rights by:
- Fighting to repeal Obama-era policies like the Obamacare individual mandate, taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood, and restrictions on Second Amendment rights
- Leading bipartisan budget task force to address Washington’s out of control spending; cut waste, fraud and abuse; and hold Congress accountable to “We the People”; and
- Authoring bipartisan Term Limits legislation.
Congressman Jodey Arrington secured the Republican nomination for Texas’ 19th Congressional District, a seat to which he was first elected in 2016. Since being elected, he has served on the House Agriculture Committee, House Budget Committee, House Veterans’ Affairs Committee, the Joint Select Committee on Budget and Appropriations Reform, and now the House Committee on Ways and Means.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — President Donald Trump is supporting District 19 Congressman Jodey Arrington in his re-election bid.